The IDEAL Research Hub offers researchers the ability to work on truly multi-disciplinary research projects and collaborate with a network of leading scientists and industry partners.
The Hub, through its two Australian university nodes, offers postdoctoral opportunities across materials science, biophotonics, molecular bioscience, nanotechnology and device development.
Postdoctoral research opportunities:
University of Technology Sydney
Opportunities will be posted here when available.
University of South Australia
Research Associate (Level ARAS)
- Based in the Future Industries Institute, Mawson Lakes campus, South Australia
- Full time, three (3) year fixed term contract – 3 positions
- Salary range: $85,680 – $91,969 per annum (plus super)
About the job
In these roles, you will be working on projects aligned to the Australian Research Council Research Hub for Integrated Devices for End-User Analysis at Low Levels (IDEAL). These positions form the basis of a multi-disciplinary research team and have responsibility for undertaking research activities leading to new concepts and prototypes of ‘point-of-care’ devices that can benefit various industries, including public health, veterinary, agribusiness, manufacturing and environmental management. The key partners are working with chief investigators from UniSA are:
• Indee Labs
• Alcolizer and
• ULVAC Singapore.
The positions are aligned to the following specific areas:
1. Nanostructured interfaces for biofluid capture and ideally a degree of sample processing that can lead to new techniques that allow real-time monitoring of human health.
2. Engineered interfaces for biofluid transport with an aim to realise interface materials that can lead to wearable sensors.
3. Photonics based microfluidic concept and device development ideally able to build on our established capabilities in ultra-fast laser material machining, that can underpin future integrated lab-on-chip devices.
Skills and Experience
You will have a PhD qualification in analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, chemistry, physics, bio-nano interfaces, nanotechnology, chemical engineering, materials/polymer science, biophotonics, molecular bioscience or nanotechnology and device development in conjunction with relevant research experience. Proven ability to work cooperatively with industry in a diverse research team as well as high level communication and presentation skills is essential for this role.
Lodging your application
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit https://workingatunisa.nga.net.au/. Please refer to the online application form which will indicate which selection criteria you need to address. Please address your cover letter for the role to Tracey Inglis, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, you can contact the UniSA Recruitment Central Team on +618 8302 1700 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number #1385.
Applications close: 9.00am Monday 5 November 2018.
How to apply
Applications must be lodged online through Working at UniSA. If you experience any difficulty lodging your application visitFAQs. For further support contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.
- If you have NOT registered with our e-recruitment system, you can begin your Application by clicking the ‘Begin’ button below.
- If you are unsure if you have registered before, click here and follow the steps
- FORGOTTEN YOUR LOGIN DETAILS? click here and follow the steps
IMPORTANT: This site is optimised for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Note that earlier versions of any browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times.